Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The style of Halo

As I ponder my shelf of empty cd cases I'd like to establish something. Fusion Frenzy 2wasn't as good as the first. The first wasn't exactly the good stuff either. Speaking of Microsoft games, Bungie is on the chopping block(metaphorically). Bungie is the creator of the popular Halo series if you did not know already. The series is so popular that people have a hard time noticing the brillant(sarcasism) writing team. The storyboard of the first 3 games are nearly the same.

In Halo- Cool I'm a spartan...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, and now the covenant invades...I kill one of the prophet guys...we got to find the Ark...flood attacks...go to the Pillar Autumn...nearly sacrifice my life to damage rings...w00t!

Halo 2- Cool, I lived...blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...covenant attack...I kill the second prophet guy...I go to the Pillar Autumn...we still need to find the Ark...flood attacks...nearly sacrifice my life to follow the last prophet guy.

Halo 3- W00t, I jumped off a ship and lived...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...covenant attack...I kill the last prophet guy...find the ark...flood attack...I go to the Pillar Autumn...sacrifice my life to destroy rings.

As you can see the unique story line in each one sucks everyone in(sarcasism again). In the end they're sitting on a pile of money throwing fake gold down at us. After the multiplayer and custom games experience faded away, I didn't even bother to buy
Halo 3: ODST. In reality ODST was a grab at more money...and was really bad. From all the speculations and sneak-peaks, Halo: Reach is going to be just like ODST only you're a spartan again. Wait a minute, didn't they say that Halo 3 was the last Halo game? Then they made Halo Wars, Halo3: ODST, and now Reach. What's up with that? Not to mention the $25 dollar comic books and t-shirts. Hopefully after 2-3 more sequals people will say, 'hey, this looks familiar'. For me the effect is falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment